In this guide we're going to show you how to use Softagram with your repositories in self-hosted GitLab.
Please ensure that your GitLab server is available from the Internet. If it's not, you either need to add some firewall rules (let us know in the chat) or turn into using Softagram Enterprise.
- Create a new project
2. Add Repositories
- Note: If you did not setup your Gitlab Server base URI and Token, follow the below steps.
- You can choose to do either one in two ways below
2.1 Setup in Project Settings - Integration:
Enter GitLab service base URI, e.g. https://gitlab.example.com and your Personal Access Token ("api" and "read_repository" permission)
- Note: In this step we strongly advise to create a new GitLab account called "Softagram Bot". The account needs to have the "Maintainer" permission level in order to fetch code for analysis and post back the impact reports to merge requests. Softagram never pushes back any code changes to your repositories!
Then click Apply. Go back and add new Repositories
2.2 Setup directly from the box when adding repositories
Click Add repositories on tab bar and then choose Gitlab Server
A dialog will appear:
Fill in the form then click 'Ok'.
3. Select the desired repositories from the list
4. Done! On the next merge request you'll get your first Softagram Impact Report.
- Note: Do not forget to enable Analysis for us to analyse your merge request
In case your new & updated merge requests do not get comments from Softagram, please check that the webhook was created correctly. We try to create it automatically when you add the repo but sometimes it fails - for example if the authenticated GitLab user has no permission to create one. In that case you have to create it like this:
- Go to your GitLab Enterprise
- Click Settings in Sidebar
- Click Integrations
- Add a new webhook with URL https://private.softagram.com/api/gitlab-pullrequest-commenter-webhook
- Select "Trigger Merge Request Events". You can uncheck any other triggers.
Any issues with the setup or not getting any impact reports? Contact us in the chat or send email to support at softagram.com, we are glad to help!